Sunday, March 15, 2009

Views on Social Network Sites

I've used all the popular Social Network sites out there. Some of'em I like it and some I dont. I feel Every popular social site has its own set target audience.
Like Myspace main users are Highschool students and Events.
Facebook started as small college student website and right now is # 5th website in the world as perWikipedia.com.
During my little research on the Social Networking site, I ended up being on the Wikipedia.com. I found that there are more than 50 social networking sites out there, which are quite popular in its own category. Interesting thing came out though that Four out of ten most popular sites on the internet are Social Networking Sites. It shows that how much Social Networking Sites are being used, and heavily weighted in their routine life by all different kind of people for all different kind of purpose.
Being popular doesnt mean that there is nothing wrong with those social sites. They do have their pro and cons.

Pros : Let you interact with other people all over the world. Helps you to make new friends and to stay in touch with the old one.
Cons: People can access you private info. Also, you can get sexual harassment is possible on these sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment